Thursday, October 25, 2007

Its Been Six Months, Ten Days I Hugged Her


It’s been six months, I hugged her
Precisely six months and ten days.
Last time her eyes were red
And tears peeped through her eyes
Prior to this, she wept.
This time when I hugged her
I couldn’t measure her tears.
I suppose it was larger than the sound
Made by the landing plane

Whenever she hugs me
It feels like the shade of the trees, in the mid summer
Or a heavy rain on the cracking land.

I also feel the fragrance of the raw land
When the first rain embraces the earth
Green, green leaves and dew drops on it.

It’s been six months, I slept
On her high and lows of her breast.
Its six months ten days I hugged her.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Poem...

Your poems always a leave me in a unconscious stage of mind, in a place where I find the great combination of poetic and reality...

Great Job Dear..

Keep it up

-Deepa

Paras said...

thanks a lot Deepa.. ur words are really so encouraging

MomentaryLapse said...

Awesome,a cloudburst of strong emotions mingled with pain and perfectly co-ordinated with the right words. Keep writing!

Paras said...

Thanks a lot Tanaya

Jolly said...

u leave me speechless, and thats a real tough feat because I am a real chatterbox...on a more serious note, very touching...

BURDEN by Shobha Goswami

One of Shobha Goswami's finest paintings that I am so impressed with that at the first glance I could not resist myself linking it to my blog. She is one of the finest painters in the contemporary times and who is highly inspired by Nature's beauty. To know more about her works please click NISARGA Art Prints

my room

In one of the rooms of mine he studies,in another one he takes his meal, in one of them he sings ,sleeps in the other. He rents all the four rooms of my heart He is none but sorrow. - Nilim Kumar

checkheights