Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Babel-not at all confusing - MOVIE REVIEW


Saturday could not have been better with the movie 'Babel' playing in my room with my intimate friends around.

1st plot: Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett trying to break free (?) and goes on a long trip to Morocco.

2nd plot: An accidental firing by two kids of a goat herder results in political waves and swings across the nation.

3rd plot: In Mexico a Nanny of two American kids goes out to attend her grand son's marriage and series of unfortunate events follows.

4th plot: In Tokyo, a deaf and dumb girl(Rinko Kikuchi), battling with her isolation and cops looking out for her father who was a hunter in his young days.

And these four plots create the Babel where the director Alejandro Gonzalez stitches these 4 plots so beautifully that you are hooked to the screen till the end. Brad Pitt has justified his role for the moment he got as well Cate. Sign language was beautifully woven though I am not sure if the sub titles were there in the theater issue as I was watching a DVD.
Do not know if it was an intentional babel that the director wanted to create when Brad asks Cate discusses about her tensions - 'are you still tensed?.. Will you forgive me?..' No backdrop of the incident is given keeping audience in loop. Another incident when the Rinko (Tokyo plot) delivers a letter to the cop where the contents were not disclosed to the audience keeping viewers guessing.

The best thing I liked about this movie is that the plots were not kept till the end for a suspense revelation instead the plots were beautifully carried and revealed during the development of the movie. As a whole a nice Sunday movie to be watched with Dominos Pizza which you get really cheap now a days. ( Dominos guys - I should be paid for this advertisement - r u listening;-)

No comments:

BURDEN by Shobha Goswami

One of Shobha Goswami's finest paintings that I am so impressed with that at the first glance I could not resist myself linking it to my blog. She is one of the finest painters in the contemporary times and who is highly inspired by Nature's beauty. To know more about her works please click NISARGA Art Prints

my room

In one of the rooms of mine he studies,in another one he takes his meal, in one of them he sings ,sleeps in the other. He rents all the four rooms of my heart He is none but sorrow. - Nilim Kumar

checkheights